On Horseback

A couple of magpies sit on a the back of a horse on the field beside the Stourton Park and Ride construction site. The magpies balance their stalk-like legs effortlessly in the curvature of the horse. There are about twenty horses on the field, standing and grazing in bunches. Sometimes drivers stop their cars to feed the horses carrots or apples.

I walk up Middleton Road towards Windmill Road and notice a white rose bush by the bright red post box. I have walked passed this spot hundreds if not thousands of times and I never noticed this rose bush before. What else have I missed beneath my nose?

Coal tits alight on a rooftop on Middleton Road, chirrping away. Fuscias add a splash of vibrant colour in a nearby garden. Walking towards Middleton Woods I see a row of poplars above a block of flats on Winrose Approach.

Comments

Popular Posts