Winter Sun

Soft peach light streams across the sky across the roof tops and chimneys. The sky is cerulean blue and there is not a cloud the sky. Rich golden light hits the side of a collection of box-like buildings in the office park by the motorway. Seagulls swoop and swirl across the park and ride site, searching for food. As they turn and fly in the wind, their underbellies look like guilt, illuminated by the winter sunshine. An airplane leaves white wisps as it flies south east out towards the coast. When I turn onto Middleton Road the sun is a huge golden orb hung low in the sky. As I walk along the peach light turns to lemon as the sun rises. When I reach Middleton park lake, I hear a group of gulls squawking, which seems to be disrupting the moor hens and coots. The swans swim by oblivious to the noisy gulls. Walking up to the Rose Garden, I encounter an array of molehills, like markers mapping out the way ahead. Standing by the trees in the Rose Garden, a robin comes so close that I see it's throat quiver. The robin is soon joined by several yellow tits, a blackbird and nuthatch. Walking down to the carriageway, I spot a black woollen glove which has been stuck onto a branch, waiting to be found. A squirrel darts ups tree and I realise I haven't seen many recently. Sounds of hooves echo from the horse riders on carriageway from the local equestrian centre.

Comments

Popular Posts