the covid era

It is over a year since I wrote any blog entries and the world has turned upside down and inside out since then. My last blog entry was pre-covid19 pandemic. As Spring 2021 begins, it feels like the right time to start writing again. It has been a year and a half of staying in the same place, yet noticing how the place changes every day. 


Melodic notes from blackbirds and robins fill the air with song at the Rose Garden at MIddleton Park. The sun is a bright golden orb rising in the east warms the atmosphere. Yet there is still frost on strands of grass across the park. The sky is cobalt with wispy white clouds.  I walk past an ancient tree, which must have rotted years ago. Now it stands tall like a Barbara Hepworth sculpture. I find the ancient oak tree that my friend John told me about. It doesn't draw attention to itself. It isn't flashy. The trunk of this old oak tree must be about five feet wide, deeply rooted: unshakeable. I spot a buzzard for the first time this year. I look up as majestic outspread wings fly over the bluebell trail.





Comments

Popular Posts