Spring morning

Blackbirds seem to be the first birds to sing in the early morning, their song accompanies me as I walk across the fields by Stourton Grange housing estate. Dandelions and daises line the side of the Middleton Ring Road alongside the Park and Ride building site. A plaque outside the site proclaims 'Connecting Leeds' completion Spring 2021. Is the Park and Ride behind schedule?  Although it is now spring 2021, the site doesn't look completed. 



This morning there is a chilly south west wind. I see a magpie search for food alongside grazing horses. The last remnants of daffodils behind a chain link fence. Traffic noise fills the air as people return to work after a long winter lockdown. A bee flies east just over my head. I step over exposed tree roots by the side of the housing estate. I pass by a conservatory festooned with NHS rainbows. Low hung grey clouds move quickly. There are heavy white clouds like upturned mountain.

Comments

Popular Posts